2005 - present
Since 2005, I have visited dozens of countries on assignment to produce travel stories, photos and social media content. I primarily focus on adventure travel, African safaris and wildlife conservation, snow sports and luxury wellness destinations.
My work has appeared in Men's Journal, National Geographic, National Geographic Traveler, Robb Report, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, the Globe and Mail, Explore Magazine, Elle Canada, the Vancouver Sun, MONTECRISTO and NUVO Magazines, the Huffington Post, Canadian Traveller, and other major publications.
As Senior copywriter with TELUS Digital, I played a key role in creating seamless digital experiences for customers through engaging content. I was responsible for turning complex business problems into clear, on-brand, jargon-free customer-focused copy. I also paired with content strategists to help other TELUS Digital teams design great content.
My responsibilities have included:
- Creating on-brand, well-written marketing copy for pages on telus.com
- Creating microcopy based on data, research and the latest user experience best practices
- Collaborating with UXDs and content strategists to design innovative user experiences
- Providing content recommendations that reduced customer effort and increased usability
- Contributing to TELUS editorial and voice and tone standards across products
- Interpreting web analytics to uncover insights that influenced content strategy
- Identifying and analyzing trends in digital design, technology and marketing
In 1999 I was recruited by pioneering San Francisco based global digital marketing services firm, Organic, to join their new Singapore office as senior information architect. I later relocated to their Toronto office. My responsibilities included leading the UX design on several projects, working closely with strategy and visual design to fulfill business goals while taking a user-centred design approach. Clients included Loblaws, Bell Canada, Sony, Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, INROADS, DaimlerChrysler Financial Services, Ontario Lotteries & Gaming Corporation and Citibank Singapore.